~This post is in collaboration with PinkBlush, but all opinions are my own.~
Here we are at 36 weeks. For me that more than likely means one more month of pregnancy. Emmett came 5 or 6 days after his due date (depending on which one you use) so I am not holding my breath about going into labor any time soon. I’ve actually had a couple goals at this point in pregnancy and after next Sunday, I will have completed them.
one: spin to 35 weeks (actually went to 36 and am planning on going again!)
two: Plant my garden Memorial Day weekend. With Jake’s help, this is happening. We aren’t 100% finished as we had a lot more to do this time around since it is our first time with this backyard. But we got the ground dug up, the flower bed up and the plants bought. We just need to physically plant said plants and put up the fence and deer scram.
three: Play keys at church to 37 weeks. Lord willing, this will happen this coming Sunday!
However, this late in the game, life is starting to get challenging, a bit uncomfortable and exhausting. So I asked a motherhood community what they felt they needed in their final trimester and got a lot of good responses. I picked out some of my favorite answers because I happen to agree with these 😉 I think they help make the third trimester bearable, and possibly even, enjoyable.
1. Comfortable clothes: I told Jake a couple weeks ago, ” I’m over style. I just want to be comfortable. I want to live in leggings.” But then I found PinkBlush and was able to feel extremely comfortable and super cute at the same time. I got so many compliments on my PinkBlush top. It was the perfect lightweight flowy and dressy top I needed for these last couple weeks. I was getting a bit bored of my plain maternity clothes and was happy to change it up. I also think I might be able to wear this postpartum!
2. Pregnancy body pillow: My mother-in-law bought me THIS pregnancy pillow for Christmas last year. I was so thankful to get it then because it meant that the second I started to get uncomfortable sleeping this time around, I would have it immediately! And let me tell you, this pillow is incredible. I sleep SO well (other than waking up to use the bathroom once or twice) and feel well rested when I awake each morning.
3. Slip on shoes: I have worn in my knock off TOMS to a whole new level. I actually bought a new pair but they just did not fit right and were the wrong color when they arrived in the mail. Now that it is warm, I am also simply living in flip flops. My favorite everyday ones are still Old Navy. (I kind of want them to change up their style though…it’s been years I feel like!)
4. A chiropractor: I think a chiropractor is super beneficial to pregnant women. As our bodies continually adjust to the ever growing load, it can take a toll on our bodies. I love going to the chiropractor because it can alleviate some of that back, hip and groin pain. It is also healthy to be regularly adjusted in and out of pregnancy. I had a lot more pain with Emmett and was going regular 1-2 a week and it was the only thing that helped. Thankfully this time the pain is not there as badly, but the regular adjustments are helping me feel great!
5. Continue to exercise: This is just a tip I wanted to add on (not necessarily an item!). I am not exercising nearly as much or as hard as I did the first trimester. But I am still trying to get in cardio on a weekly basis and I really think it has been helping me to feel good overall. I’m constantly comparing to my first pregnancy and can say I feel WAY better this go around. Don’t get me wrong though…..I get insanely tired still.
~It has been wonderful to work with PinkBlush. I have seen their clothes covering instagram and was very excited to finally have my own part with their incredible brand. Thank you to PinkBlush for providing product for this post~