Making community and friends in the blogging community is seriously a ray of sunshine in my life. So being nominated for The Sunshine Blogger Award is really one of the coolest things to happen in this blogging journey.
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers who are positive, creative, and inspiring by other bloggers. Once a blogger is nominated for this award, they have to do the following:
- Write a post thanking the blogger for nominating them
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated them
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and give them 11 questions to answer
- Notify their nominees and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in the post
This award is such a great way to connect with other bloggers, and I’m so glad that I have the opportunity to participate in it!
THANK YOU to Jess from Just Me Growing Up. She is an awesome new friend of mine here who blogs about adulting and shares her awesome tips for blog success! She has been such a help with me and my blog. Check her out for blogging tips!
1. What motivates you most as a blogger? At the risk of this sounding cliche, I really love to write and take pictures. I love to encourage women, especially mothers as we navigate the trenches of motherhood together.
2. How do you get through times of writer’s block? I just wait. I don’t try to force it. When it comes, it comes and I know that that will be the best stuff I can possibly write.
3. What’s your best advice for someone trying to grow up and learn how to adult? You don’t need to lose the fun and spontaneity entirely. Just learn responsibility and commitments and learn how they can work together.
4. What have you found to be the hardest part of blogging? It is so much work at the beginning and a TIME COMMITMENT to get your blogs seen.
5. What’s your favorite show to binge watch? Oh goodness. The Big Bang Theory because it literally makes me LOL and I can watch it on repeat….speaking of which…I think we are due to start it again…:D
6. Who’s your blog’s biggest fan? Who supports what you do the most? My husband, mom, mother-in-law and grandmother. Who better than family? <3
7. When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? A firefighter or ice skater, naturally.
8. What’s your favorite blog post you’ve written so far? I am so proud of my two part mini series where I interviewed my grandmother on her 62 years of marriage and why it was SO successful. It was a super inspirational post for me and encouraging as I look at my seven years with my husband.
9. Do you collect anything? If so, why did you start collecting it? We used to collect shot glasses from the places we visited. But we kind of stopped…
10. What’s your favorite Disney movie? So I am probably the only person who did not grow up on Disney. This being said, my favorites are not most people’s. I love: Cinderella, Tangled, and Frozen (I am actually not sick of it).
11. What book has had the biggest impact on you? (OK, obviously the Bible…but we all know that) I am more of a fiction novel reader so when books impact me it is more of just “wow, that was an awesome story” or makes me feel super emotional. So I am going with The Help and The Nightingale.
Here are my nominees for the Sunshine Blogger Award. These are some awesome ladies with awesome words and pictures. I just love watching their lives. Check them out for awesome photography edits, DIYs and essays <3
1.How do you balance motherhood and blogging?
2.What is your dream vacation spot?
3.What is one item you would need if left stranded on a deserted island?
4.What is your top goal for the year?
5. What’s your favorite romantic memory with your spouse?
5. How did you pick your kiddos’ names?
6. You can only watch one show for the rest of your life. What is it?
7. What is the anthem of your blog?
8. What is one blog post you are MOST proud of?
9. What do you shoot your pictures with?
10. What is your favorite recipe?
11. Who/what inspired you to begin blogging?
That’s it, folks!