Dear Husband (from your Stay-at-Home-Wife)

~This post is in collaboration with PinkBlush, but all opinions are my own.~

(To read my other letter to Jake, be sure to check out Dear Husband (from your Teammate for Life).)

being a stay at home mom and a stay at home wife

Dear Husband (from your Stay-at-Home-Wife),

I write this as you drive ten hours and work thirteen today. Know that I appreciate you and hope you understand the extent of that statement.

I know we made this decision together when we chose for me to stay at home. There was never an argument, only understanding and support from day one. I think it was something we both wanted equally.  I have always been thankful for the fact that we are on the same page more often than not.

to my husband from your stay at home wife and stay at home mom from www.wavesandlilacs.com featuring shirt from pink blush

You have never made me feel guilty for bringing in little to no money over the last three years.  It has only ever been me who ever felt upset or saddened as an empty box appeared in our budget line for my portion of the monthly income.  You never blinked an eye and were just grateful that I could be home.

On that note, you have never asked me to start making money even when our budget dropped so low and we knew something needed to change. Instead you went out and found ways to make more money for our little family. I never doubt warmth in our home or full cabinets of food.

You work hard to provide and still come home at the end of the day and play with the kids and help put them to bed. Neither of our days ever really end. Sometimes I feel bad, if I am being honest, when both kids nap at the same time and I just relax. I know this isn’t what happens in the middle of your day. And yet, whenever I’ve admitted this, you just say, “Good for you. You need to rest.”

I love the way our son’s face lights up when you walk through the door or call us in the middle of the day. Our daughter might not like everyone, but she sure loves you. I know they feel the same warmth and love that I do.

I know I have complained and let phrases slip from my mouth that I would like to take back.  Those are the days you have found me at my worst. Those words are never an indication of ungratefulness for what you do. It is my selfishness talking about my day. I really don’t wish these days away. Perhaps some seasons ( 😉 ) but you really have given me the best gift.

You have given me a life of learning and teaching and service. You’ve unknowingly opened up my life to so many opportunities I never knew existed or dreamed about.

And lastly, when I told you this summer I wanted to start working from home, you made sure it was the right decision and then jumped all in. When I ask you to watch the kids because I have a photo shoot or a writing deadline, you are there.

My prayer for our children is that our son becomes a father like you and our daughter knows what a true, loving man is because of your example.

So, Husband of this Stay-at-Home-Sometimes-Working-Wife-and-Mom, I love you and thank you.  You are my teammate for life.

Love, Me

~~~

How beautiful is this Black Floral Crochet Trim Bell Sleeve Wrap Top from PinkBlush? I am probably going to wear it out too much this holiday season, but I absolutely don’t care! It’s just the perfect shirt for holiday gatherings, date nights and photo shoots with my husband! <3

xo, bethany rose

28 Comments

1. N Bonneau

December 1, 2017 at 2:02 pm

From another SAHM mom, reading this made my heart so full. If only everyone could experience that type of support the world would be a better place! Good for you momma!

– TwoGirlsandaMomma

1. waves + lilacs

December 1, 2017 at 3:35 pm

I could not agree more! Thanks for stopping by 🙂

2. The Cinnamon Mom

December 1, 2017 at 2:08 pm

That was so touching! I’m also a SAHM and it makes a world of difference to have a compassionate and selfless partner. I’m happy for you that you’re able to go through this season of your life with such a supportive hubby! And… That is a beautiful top 😊

1. waves + lilacs

December 1, 2017 at 3:35 pm

Thank you. It definitely makes my heart go out to anyone who does not have this support. I pray they are able to get it!

3. Simply Be Mama

December 1, 2017 at 2:54 pm

Beautiful! Having a strong partnership with our significant other is so important. Thank you for sharing.

4. Coins & Babble

December 1, 2017 at 3:20 pm

This is so sweet! It’s so nice to have a supportive husband, even when times get tough! I feel similar thoughts to my hubby. I hope you both continue to grow and support each other!

1. waves + lilacs

December 1, 2017 at 3:36 pm

I hope the same for you and your man as well!! 🙂

5. cassy french

December 1, 2017 at 5:15 pm

beautiful post! i’m a sahm diving into the blogging world & do some freelance stuff here and there. it’s hard! our jobs are hard, and his job is hard. it’s great that you are a strong team! & these pictures are beautiful!

1. waves + lilacs

December 7, 2017 at 7:21 am

Go you mama! It is hard and we need all the support we can get 🙂

6. Mostly Sane Mama

December 1, 2017 at 8:12 pm

This is beautiful. Never stop being so grateful for each other.

7. Samantha Kate Johnson

December 1, 2017 at 9:58 pm

Love this! Having a supportive husband is so wonderful when you become a stay at home wife or mother. Great blog post, it’s so important applaud our husbands too!

1. waves + lilacs

December 7, 2017 at 7:22 am

Yes, yes and yes! 🙂 Thanks for stopping by!

8. April Joy

December 1, 2017 at 10:47 pm

Your words speak so much of what LOVE truely is. Im excited for your marriage and your family. True, healthy, robust, ever learning love..is really God’s best gift to us and its gorgeous seeing your family RUN in it. Love you Bethany. You are a wonderous woman who has so much to offer her husband, her children and this world. Keep doing the joys and journies that your heart is inspired to do! Your hands are blessed.

Much love, April Watkins

1. waves + lilacs

December 7, 2017 at 7:23 am

April, Your words reminded me of something spoken years and years ago and brought tears to my eyes. What a blessing your words are to me. Thank you <3

9. Justine @ Little Dove

December 2, 2017 at 11:23 am

This is so, so sweet! Too often we only hear the negative things about spouses, this makes me so happy to read. And that PinkBlush top is gorgeous on you!

1. waves + lilacs

December 7, 2017 at 7:20 am

I could not agree more. I love hearing the positive side!

10. Natalie Aubele

December 2, 2017 at 10:55 pm

This is so beautiful !! Your husband sounds like an amazing man and I’m happy for you and your family ! ❤️❤️

11. sunshineandmunchkins

December 4, 2017 at 12:42 pm

First of all, you two are so cute! I love these pictures. Second, so. much. yes! I feel like I could have written this post myself and just kept nodding along as I read it. Isn’t it great to have great husbands? 🙂

1. waves + lilacs

December 7, 2017 at 7:19 am

It blesses me to hear about other amazing husbands and teammates!

12. ememist1

December 18, 2017 at 3:39 pm

Bethany!! you are so pretty!! Such a photogenic! Both of you are cute together! God bless your marriage 🙂

Em

13. Bhavna Kaushik

April 28, 2018 at 4:54 am

So touching. I am also a SAHW without kids .
    Here is link to my blog https://wp.me/p9tZ21-3l
    Hope you will love my work.If you do please follow back.Thanks in advance.
    Regards